Sunday, October 4, 2009

Classes Are Underway

Well, I made it through the first week of classes. It was long, but interesting. I really am enjoying the two classes I have every morning. They are my actual Japanese language classes. After that I have different culture and literature classes.

Two of the classes that I am taking are actual elective courses that any student at the university can take. In other words, there are Japanese students in there as well. Needless to say, that means the Japanese spoken in that class is at full speed, without any brakes to make sure everyone understands what's being said. I do fine, but it takes some concentration to listen to a lecture for 90 minutes when you got new words flying around like crazy with all kinds of characters being written on the board and whatnot. It's interesting though.

I'll explain my classes in another post, I'm too tired right now. Plus, tomorrow I get to go see something cool for one of my classes. If I get to take pictures I'll be sure to post them.

On a family note, Sara finally decided she was going to give standing a taking a few steps (without holding on to anything, which she has been doing for a while) a try. She stands up without using anything to help her, balances for a minute, waiting for you to clap your hands and tell her she did a good job. She claps her hands too and then sits back down. Today she also took four or five steps from Daddy to Mommy all by herself. Mommy and Daddy are doing well too.

Also, Rie's Mom's friend referred me for a job at the supermarket where she works. I was introduced to the GM and filled out an aplication and stuff. If all goes well I might have a job by the end of the month. I'd work in the deli (a Japanese deli is a little different) cleaning and helping with some cooking on occasion. It's a start!

Remember: Joy to the world, all the boys and girls. Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea. Joy to you and me!
Peace!

P.S. Check out my new weblog. It'll get bigger as a get a chance to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment