Friday, June 18, 2010

Homeward Bound

It is now the middle of June and our one year Japan ordeal is drawing to a close.


We have bought our tickets for our flight home, so our arrival date is now official. We will be departing from Japan on the 20th at about 17:00 and arriving in the U.S. at 11:00 of the same day (pretty neat trick, huh).
As everyone knows, I'm sure, our original plan was to return at the beginning of October after I went to the graduation ceremony for the program I am attending. We had problems with the visa that we had got for Rie, and since we weren't able to get another one, the embassy in Tokyo told us to go back before September 1st and we would be okay. So that is what we are doing.
It was pretty frustrating for me, after having spent many hours collecting papers and filling out forms, to have everything sent back to me and be told that all my efforts were in vain--but what can you do? There is at least one good thing that comes from us having to return to the U.S earlier, I will be able to attend fall semester classes at ASU.
Anyway, that's it for now. I don't have any pictures to show at the moment, unfortunately, but hopefully I will soon. Though, many of you will be seeing us live and in person soon enough. Aren't you SO excited? I bet you are!

1 comment:

  1. You better believe it! We are very excited even though the distance was shortened by skype technology.

    ReplyDelete